At BIS every day is an adventure. With servitude, we put our clients first. Our community is everything. Our people are fearless, offering bold solutions. Our grit keeps us going until we have a solution. We are humble with our clients and with each other. We’re always working to be better.
- Pay is determined on prior experience and job knowledge.
- Please no phone calls, no relocation, no Visa sponsorships.
- BIS is looking for an amazingly talented technical IT Support Technician II to join our crazy team which supports the world’s best local government hardware and software. This position will be focused on supporting extraordinary taxpayer-facing products for our clients throughout the nation. This is a technical position that works closely with other like-minded techs. You must possess a solid technology background in order to provide oversight and guidance to team members and facilitate technological decisions.
Answer help desk calls and tickets to provide workstation, network, and server support.
Prepare and deliver hardware not limited to a workstation, server, and network devices.
Provide low-level network infrastructure troubleshooting with L3 support.
Handles 90% of workstation installs and server drops on customers’ sites
Assist in monitoring all client and internal:
- network backups
- client email administration
- patching and server maintenance and configuration
Provide after-hours and on-call support for issues and projects.
Requires up to 75% travel.
Have an in-depth understanding of our company expectations and extensive experience in troubleshooting
Ability to lift 40lbs of inventory and onsite equipment (as required)
Serve the IT team by being the 2nd level of support and providing excellent customer service.
- Maintain a 95% or better customer rating (provided from ticket feedback).
- Work through any technical issues ensuring a volume of tickets in-line with peers.
- Work with peers professionally with a kind and constructive demeanor.
Prepare equipment for onsite delivery including workstation and server preparation
Assist BIS by taking on projects from the IT Project backlog that is in line with L2 support.
Assist in documenting processes
Assist in developing and training the IT team
Ability to insert witty Memes and GIFS in internal conversations
Problem-solving: IT Technicians often have to interpret a problem and determine the best way to resolve it. This requires the use of critical thinking, as the IT Tech may need additional information that isn’t provided in order to satisfy the customer or employee.
Patience: IT Technicians work closely with their customers. Patience is necessary for this field. Often the clients don’t understand what is happening with their system and may not describe it properly. Patience will benefit the IT Tech in understanding the problem and working toward a solution.
Communication: Communicating with clients, supervisors, and staff helps everyone to understand the problem and potential solutions. Clearly stating the situation, following through with emails and phone calls, and sharing resolutions will make the process flow smoothly.
Endurance: Because IT Technicians can work long hours with complicated projects, the ability to stay focused on the objective is key. IT Techs may also be involved in the relocation of servers, hardware, and peripherals that are important to the operation of the business.
College degree preferred; high school diploma required
6 years of systems experience and infrastructure support
Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Technical Certifications in OS and networking like Microsoft, VMWare, Cloud Technologies, Linux are a plus, but not required
Must pass a background check and have a clean driving record
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org